About Me

My photo
I have enjoyed some great trips recently in the states and abroad. I am on a personal journey as well. I have always been a “seeker” with lots of questions about life. So, not only will I share some highlights from my travels, but, given my journey, I plan to share occasional witticisms, pithy political observations, and philosophical musings.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Blog!



I am fortunate to live at Eden Farm, an historic old house in Fairfield near Gettysburg, PA. Its a peaceful place for family gatherings, crab feasts, tractor rides, fishing, and picking wild flowers. I don't do any serious farming, I lease the land for hay, but I am in the business of "growing memories", especially for five wonderful grandchildren and their cousins. It is a great place to entertain friends, play some golf, go skiing, and share quiet moments on the front porch.

The view from the porch is both beautiful and tranquil. At a glance, you take in the gazebo and pond, often filled with geese or an occasional heron, fields of hay and wildflowers, hawks-a-hunting, and the nearby Catoctin mountains. From the rear of the house, you can see the slopes of Ski Liberty, the namesake of our township. The view is open, the perspective broad.

Fairfield is “bookended” between two small, liberal arts colleges, Mt. St. Marys University in Emmitsburg, Maryland, and Gettysburg College in Gettysburg. Nearby, is the famed battlefield and National Park, and a thriving community of local musicians, artists and crafts people, organic famers and artisan food producers, orchardists, inn keepers and restauranteurs, naturalists and outdoor sportsmen. I enjoy discovering all the treats the area has to offer. 

I also like to travel, to venture out to visit family and friends. I have enjoyed some great trips recently to visit with them in New England, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, California, New Mexico, Greece and Turkey, and Cuba! I'll add posts from future trips about fun restaurants, points of interest, interesting people, and photographs, since I have finally been able to give more time to photography, one of my  few artistic outlets.

I am on a personal journey as well. I have always been a “seeker” with lots of questions about life.  So, not only will I share some highlights from my travels, but, given my journey, I plan to share occasional witticisms, pithy political observations, and philosophical musings.

Obviously, the perspective from here is open and broad. So, enjoy the View from Eden Farm and, if you care to share, please do.

Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment