About Me

My photo
I have enjoyed some great trips recently in the states and abroad. I am on a personal journey as well. I have always been a “seeker” with lots of questions about life. So, not only will I share some highlights from my travels, but, given my journey, I plan to share occasional witticisms, pithy political observations, and philosophical musings.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Selfie!


I was sending my niece an iTunes gift card the other day when I had a problem completing the on-line transaction. I called Apple support, they readily admitted the problem was theirs, fixed it, and suggested I wait 30 minutes for the fix to take effect.  By the time I logged back in, I was feeling just a bit more rushed, hurried through the transaction, and felt smug when everything seemed to work and the card was on it’s way. In moments, I received an Apple email, which I thought was a confirmation of the transaction, but on a closer look found that I had just sent the gift card to myself!  Did I feel stupid?  Yea, but that feeling quickly gave way to the realization that the charge for the gift card was committed, and I began to think about what I would get myself.  A couple of movies?  The new Robert Plant album?  It’s gets a little quiet up in the country.  I might just send myself an iTunes Selfie every once in a while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment